Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blue Cheese Burgers


I was a little bit worried about these burgers because I was venturing out to blue cheese, but I was pleasantly surprised! I used ground turkey instead of beef and cooked it on the stove on medium for about 6 minutes on each side. Instead of putting mayo on my bun, I did a generous layer of guacamole and it was wonderful!!! I got this recipe on allrecipes.com. I made 6 large burgers from this recipe. --Patrice


INGREDIENTS
3 pounds lean ground beef
4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup minced fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
12 French rolls or hamburger buns

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat grill for high heat. Gently form the burger mixture into about 12 patties.
Oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on rolls.

1 comment:

The Littlefields said...

I had the pleasure of tasting these and they were way yummy! My husband especially liked them (he's a little bit of a picky eater) Good job Patrice.
Steph