Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Soup


Here's that super yummy soup I made... It was so easy. My only problem with it was that it is supposed to be a crockpot recipe but I had to make it on the stove because it didn't all fit in my crockpot....


2 large chicken breasts
1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I used Rosarita)
1 shallot, peeled but not chopped
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 box chicken broth
1 teaspoon savory
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 bay leaf or a few sprinkles of crushed bay leaves
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 can black beans

DIRECTIONS
Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, whole onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth, and season with savory, red pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn, beans, and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours. When chicken is fully cooked, take out and shred, then return to sauce and cook longer. When it was done I took out the onions becuase I don't really like eating chunks of onion (the shallot)... but you can do what you want. Top with cheese and tortilla chips. (I topped mine with avocado but since you guys don't really like avocado, I didn't even offer it to you... sorry steph and tiff!)

No comments: