Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Roast Beef Pitas


These are so good and very low calorie! I made these all the time when I first started Weight Watchers, because of how few "points" they were. So, they are healthy, tasty, and not gonna add on the pounds...even if you eat two! :) ---Holly

*Shredded roast beef -(Cooked)
*One green bell pepper
*One medium onion -(I like purple, they're less strong)
*Mushrooms -(If you like them)
*Three roma tomatoes
*Soy sauce -(to taste)
*Whole Grain pita pockets -(I like the Kangaroo brand. They have flaxseed, oat bran, and wheat bran and 5 grams of fiber per pocket AND they taste so good! You can find them at Wal-mart in front of the Deli/Bakery, or Lin's, by bakery.)

1. Cook and shred a small roast, or use two cans of pre-cooked roast beef. (I 've used both and they both work great. Canned is obviously faster.)
2. Chop peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms to desired size --I like things chucky, fajita style.
3. Coat bottom of frying pan with olive oil, and saute peppers, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. When they start getting soft add the roast beef. Warm through.
4. Add soy sauce to taste. It really brings out the flavor of the beef. I use low sodium so it isn't too salt. After everything is warmed through, fill pockets to desired amount, and Enjoy!





4 comments:

The Littlefields said...

These look so yummy. I'm glad that you're posting stuff.

Holly or Joe said...

They are really good. And, easy. I like this blog.

MOANA said...

Could you tell me how many points this would be, I have just started weight watchers and am unsure about how many points this would be, any idea would be greatly appreciated, thank you. PS this is a really great blog, super ideas ladies!

Holly or Joe said...

This is five points for two pockets! Whoohoo! They are filling too.