Sunday, June 29, 2008

Breakfast Crisis

I don't know if anyone even checks this blog anymore. We've kind of abandoned it. But if anyone out there looks at this, I need HELP! I am in a breakfast crisis! I like to eat cereal and stuff, but I absolutely love to make something special for breakfast when we have time (usually on the weekends or if Ayda wakes up super early). But I'm running out of ideas. I've made pancakes, waffles, french toast, crepes, french waffle toast (french toast in the waffle maker), and now I don't know what to do. I think Brady is getting sick of the usuals. But, he won't eat anything eggy like scrambled eggs, fried eggs, poached eggs, you get the idea... AND, I'm trying not to use the oven right now because it gets SO hot in my house when I do.

Any ideas?!

--Patrice

4 comments:

Holly or Joe said...

I make a lot of to-go breakfasts for joe, for work. I make "McMuffins" --There are these english muffins that are loaded with whole grains, fiber, and low in fat and calories, and still AMAZING. I toast those. I cook up two eggs, add thin slices of cheese on top, to melt, then add two strips of turkey bacon on top of that. THEY ARE SO GOOD, easy to eat, and way healthy!!!

Also, I make breakfast burritos with varying meats: canadian bacon, turkey bacon, sausage, or what ever.......you add diced potatoes, peppers, diced tomatoes onions, cheese and roll it up in a soft tortilla-and voila! You have another easy, good and healthy breakfast.

Holly or Joe said...

Poop -somehow i missed the "no eggy" part to your post....you can make the mcmuffin without eggs and maybe substitue the bacon for a sausage patty....still would be a good sandwich.

Brady and Patrice said...

Thanks holly! Brady said it actually sounds good! Even with the eggs! I might just have to give it a try....

Florida4x4chick said...

WE LOVE BREAKFAST!!! now what to make with out eggs is a little more trying but here goes nothing. I know you mentioned you make pancakes but another type that you might not have tried are "blender wheat pancakes" we love them and they are super easy made strait from your food storage wheat. another thing we LOVE is this popover thing. it is a very thin batter made with eggs flower and some other stuff and you cook it in the oven (i know you wanted to avoid that, sorry) but then when you bring it out you put powdered sugar on it and i like home made jam. it is really good. we also have these cool popover rolls that are amazing, and they can be used for more than just breakfast. again an egg flower concoction and you can put whatever in them. Jam for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, or use them as a roll for dinner. they're amazing. If you want any of those recipes i can post them just let me know. good luck. on a side note we miss everyone but we're have LOTS of missionary opportunities out here, it's like they're knocking on our door. We love that part.