Thursday, January 24, 2008

Shepard's Pie--sort of


This recipe is a variation from the well known Shepard's Pie. It made a ton though so I will tell you what I put in and then you can cut it in half or do whatever. (I froze half)

In a large bowl mix:

1lb. ground beef (seasoned with onion and garlic salt, and salt and pepper)
1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom)
1 cup cheese
1 pkg. dry onion soup
cooked broccoli (instead of beans, I used to stalks, you could also use frozen)
1 can chili beans (chili just without the ground beef)

Pour that mixture in a 13 x 9 greased dish

Make some mashed potatoes and mix about a cup of cheese in with them. Spread the potatoes on top of the meat mixture. Bake 30 min. at 350. Sprinkle chees on top and let melt.

Since we want these meals rated, I will start with my rating.
On a scale of 1-5 it was a 3, It wasn't the best thing I had ever tasted, but satisfying.

No comments: